I want you to know that your life can be so full. You can heal your past and find connected relationships. Your story matters and I cannot wait to champion you in your healing.
Hi, I’m Lauren Auer.
I believe that safe, compassionate relationships are powerful tools for healing. You can expect our sessions to be warm, empathetic spaces where you feel seen and known. I want to get to know every aspect of who you are and help you process the areas where you feel stuck in new ways. I am committed to getting the full picture of who you are and tailoring the therapy process to focus on what you need to dig deep and truly experience healing.
I have extensive training in all aspects of trauma and how difficult experiences can leave us feeling stuck and out of control. I am trained in both EMDR therapy and Brainspotting which offer the benefit of full body, mind, and nervous system healing. I love utilizing somatic therapies such as Internal Family Systems Therapy and the Polyvagal approach. I am also passionate about teaching and facilitating trainings. I hold a certification in Compassion Fatigue and have experience speaking to a variety of groups including medical staff, mental health professionals, law enforcement, and parents. I am also a trainer for the Illinois Coalition against Sexual Assault.
There is not a single part of you that is too broken. Whether you are struggling with anxiety, depression, PTSD, vicarious trauma, or difficult faith experiences, I am here to help you navigate your journey.
I am licensed to provide in-person and virtual therapy services in Illinois and telehealth services in Florida. I am able to offer trainings anywhere in the United States.
Telehealth services are offered on a secure platform that is easy to use.
What to expect in therapy
- Strong connection and commitment to building trust.
- A whole person approach tailored to you including a plan for brain health and trauma reprocessing.
- Commitment to meet you where you are and approach your story with an open heart and tailored plan.
- Receive empathy, unconditional acceptance, and guidance from someone with the skill set to help you overcome your burdens.
- Have sessions in a setting that is most comfortable, whether that is via video chat, taking a walk in the park or in the comfort of my office.
- Receive all documentation through secure online portal.
- Plan a hopeful future.