Is anxiety standing in your way from experiencing joy? Have you already tried therapy or self-help methods but found them ineffective?
If this sounds like you, I’m confident I can help. My practice offers the most effective forms of treatment, to get the relief from anxiety that you deserve.
When it comes to treating anxiety, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy – as opposed to anxiety medication – treats more than just symptoms to the problem.
Physical symptoms of anxiety:
- being tense or jumpy
- Low libido
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Stomach problems
*physical symptoms are cues that you shouldn’t ignore your anxiety
Mental symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness or restlessness
- Perfectionism or workaholism (this is sometimes called high-functioning anxiety)
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
- Disinterest in sex
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you suffer from an anxiety disorder, I invite you to contact me today for a free consultation.
I also offer EMDR, which is a great way to reduce anxiety- learn more about EMDR here.
Feel your emotions. Don’t feed them.